Tuesday, June 19, 2012

No Filter

When is #no filter ok?

When I talked about this particular blog with a very important individual I said, "This is my NO FILTER blog. This is the page where I say what I am thinking and don't make it PC for anyone."

As I sit to write in my notebook I think about the integrity I have come to admire and desire.  I think about the feelings I have when I hear stories of folks disrespecting the people I love because they have No Filter.

Does No Filter mean I have to be crass and asinine?  

Does No Filter mean I can punch you in the face if you say or do something to insult me or be disrespectful?

©2012
What does having a Filter bring to communication?

I was having a conversation with one of my beloveds and they mentioned how hurt they were by someones behavior and disregard.  As this person was speaking I could feel the hurt and disappointment. I could hear the tears welling up in their chest and see the tears fighting to stay in their eyes. The situations revealed were surprising and saddened me. I thought, "Wow, is this No Filter freedom really worth it if you don't care for other's feelings?"

I think every situation is different and an individual.

I will take every circumstance CASE BY CASE. #No Filter. :) 




Respectfully & Sincerely yours,
JeWeLs

No comments:

Post a Comment