Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Loss of Innocence

Imagination...
Innocence...
Creativity...

When do we loose it? Where does it go?


The following conversation took place on one of my social 

 networking platforms in response to the  photograph of my 

little SUPER IRON CAPTAIN MAN, herewith.

***  ***  ***    ***    ***    ***  ***  ***  ***    ***    ***    *** ***  ***        



Party #1: The ultimate Avenger!

My Response: Happy face emoticon.

Party #2:   Except superman wasn't an avenger or in marvel comics...still cute though...you can't tell kids no when they want to wear something.

My Response:  I love this mash up, it's the best. The imagination is an amazing gift to have...Funny thing is many adults were like, what the...confused...blah, blah, blah and blah blah blah...it made me laugh cause adults can be so limited and immature in their thinking. More of the folks enjoyed his little mash up and asked to take pictures. It was a fun day. 

***  ***  ***  ***  ***  ***  ***  ***  

This past weekend we attended the first ever Long Island Pop Culture Expo, Eternal Con. It was awesome. I had a great time. My kids had an even more awesome time. My 11 year old marveled (see what I did there) at the coolness and oddity of it all.

It was, personally, my first Cosplay experience.  My niece attends these types of expos on a regular basis and has taught me what they are about and has explained what could be expected.  I understand the premise and have seen photos of folks dressed up in full Superhero gear or Comic Personality gear or in some sort of anime attire.  It's pretty intense and lots of fun.  

I have a four year old son who is enamored by the world of Superheroes and engaged completely in his imagination.  Every day he will put on a costume or another.  One moment he is dressed up as Iron Man, the next moment he will grab a Knight's shield and be Iron Knight.  I've seen him cut up and tape together an outfit from construction paper alone. He loves getting into character and enjoying the moment.

Halloween isn't the only time it's okay for my son to dress up in costume, he dresses up as often as can,as often as he thinks of it and we celebrate and support his creativity.  

It was funny to me when I heard folks talk about the confused costume he wore. It was awesome to see others smile and enjoy the moment.  Seriously, when it comes down to it, isn't that the most important thing besides love, to ENJOY THE MOMENT. Be present and don't judge.  The comment where party #2 explains where each character originates is educational but really it isn't pertinent to the fun a four year old, his 11 year old sister and his cool mom are having.

We had a great time and next year I might just dress up too.  I am thinking I will maybe be, "Super-Cat-Wonder-Pageant-Winner-Woman, Super Iron Captain Man's Mom."



Sharing is caring.

Thank you for reading and sharing.

Namaste!




No comments:

Post a Comment