Monday, August 5, 2013

A PLEA FOR CHANGE

Aug 1, 2013

Dear Mr. President Barak Obama, 

My name is Adriana Gabriela Gavilanes, and I am 13 years old. My family and I have been through a lot these past couple of days! My half brother just passed away inthe Hialeah shooting. Everyone has been very supportive and helpful and I'm very grateful for that, but still that doesn't mean weare going to get him back. Now the reason why I'm writing this letter is because I need you to do whatever you can to make sure that our generation has none of these problems. The pain that my family is going through nobody should ever go through. I need you to do everything that you can to advocate gun control and stop gun violence. Now, I'm not saying to eliminate guns but please do something whether that means to make a tax or make laws. There are so many examples of gun violence; Connecticut Shooting (Sandy Hook Elementary), Aurora Shooting, Hialeah Shooting, Tucson Shooting, etc. Sadly these are very common in News Papers and New Channels these days. Everyone thinks that if everybody has a gun then everyone is protected, but that isn't the way everyone should think. Instead tHey should think that if nobody has a gun no one needs a gun to defend themselves. I know that you're an advocate for gun control, so I decided that I was going to write this letter to tell you that our new and up coming generation, do care! You need to know thatyou're not only doing this to help your country now, but also you're helping your country for the future. I know that you've tried passing a gun law and the Senate has turned you down, so I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get them on our side. If i need to go to Washington DC and personally talk to each and every member in the US Senate then that is what I will do, and I realize it may not mean anything to them, but it means everything to me. It would make my family and I feel better knowing that my brother died for a reason. My parents taught me that everything happens for a reason and I believe that this was, Carlos, reason. He loved us so much and he had an influence on everyone that he met! He always lit up the room. If every family felt this way about there lost loved ones we should do something about this problem. I can't explain how much everyone misses him and it doesn't feel real, it feels like a movie. I feel as if we can just go to his house and see him again, but we can't. A lot of people came to America for the Americandream, but what all these families are living today is the American Nightmare. 

From, Adriana Gabriela Gavilanes





From the hearts of babes.

I'm not asking what your thoughts are on Gun Control, having a gun, using a gun, or anything having to do with a gun. I am asking you to FEEL for a moment the authentic and unbelievably painful hurt of loosing someone to violence.

The answer is my friends is LOVE. Not pollyanna, let's hug and dance around love, but true, powerful and action oriented LOVE.

My little cousin Adriana is ready to go to Washington and speak to the people in charge. She's ready and full of love to do it.

What are you ready to do?

Namaste!
In Possibility.
Jewels




No comments:

Post a Comment