Monday, September 8, 2014

Let Go, Let God

Week two of kindergarten started this morning and perhaps it's the crisp September breeze, I'm not sure, but I just can't seem to shake this melancholy.  

Last week, day one, I was able to walk my baby into the school and watch as he walked with his new teachers to their new classroom. Day two I was told to just drop him off at the door and he will be taken care of.  It's a great school, I'm at ease with his being taken care of and getting the education he needs but not being able to hold his hand it tugged at my heart strings.  Day three I was totally fine when I kept reminding myself to breathe deep and let love.  

Today is day four and as I pulled up to the curb I smiled and said, "You are so grown up, not a baby anymore, but I know you know, you will ALWAYS be my baby!" I wasn't thinking about that, it was just a deep sentiment that rose to the surface.  I helped him out of the car and I started to walk with him and said, "Okay, you have to go in from here, I love you. Bye." He grabbed my hand and shook his head no gently.  

Just like me wanting to nurture him and see him to safety by holding his hand, he too wanted the assurance of his mom.  I hugged him walked a little further, kissed him, told him to have a beautiful day.  As he walked in he stopped to confirm where he had to go, I snapped a quick picture with my cell phone, from outside and I walked away with a heavy heart and so proud of my little boy.

For me, it's such a delicate dance the one I have to partake in.  You know, the dance of coaching, nurturing, mothering, teaching, and LETTING GO.  As I drove away in my car I had thought and I prayed that he will always want me to hold his hand and that he will always be confident and strong enough to go alone.

Love transcends all things.  Trust in the wonder and power of your dreams.

Thank you for reading and Sharing.

Sharing is caring!
Love exists and Life is a miracle, treat it all as such.
BeLove...
Namastè.
In possibility,
Organic JeWeLs

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. You are strong and so is he. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How amazing and fascinating is this motherhood thing? <3 Love you Mika! xoxoxo

      Delete