Sunday, December 9, 2012

Jacqueline Elizabeth

My aunt Jackie is my mom's youngest sister.  In Spanish aunts are lovingly nicknamed "titi." My Niece Kayla didn't really think "Titi" was correct so she began to write "Thee Thee."  I liked that a whole bunch, so now all my aunts are my "Thee Thee's."        

My Thee Thee Jackie is part of my First Red Tent.  From the moment I came into the world she was already there, cheering me on.  My Thee Thee is four years my senior. I grew up with her always having my back, literally and figuratively.  We lived in the same house for most of my life, we have always been very close.  My aunt could very well be my sister or my cousin but most of all she is my friend.  

Almost a decade ago, my aunt decided to continue her life's journey down south about a decade ago, she packed up her boys and her parents and they moved, I helped move them to there new home.   It was a sad day in New York, for me and so many other folks.  We stay in constant contact, we visit each each other often. This year, for the very first time, we have not been in the same room together physically.  Thanks to technology we have been able to see each other via the computer. (What a gift technology is). 

The times when I am not certain if I can continue on my path because there are just too many pressures, too much responsibility and not enough support, I close my eyes and think of my Thee Thee Jackie.  Jackie is a fighter, she's strong, loving, giving and kind.  Whenever folks meet her they immediately fall in love with her, it's just part of her mystical charm.

I've always looked up to my aunt Jackie, I wanted to be her when I was teenager.  Once I graduated from middle school I really wanted to go to Norman Thomas High School, want to know why? Cause she graduated from there.  I wanted to follow in her footsteps.  My aunt can cut a rug like the best of them, I use to love to watch her dance, she's such a great dancer.
No one has a better laugh than my aunt Jackie, when she laughs you feel it, she is laughing from the heart.  When she loves you she gives you her soul.
She's amazing.


Thank you for being the person that you are and for all the love and light you have brought into my life.

Some quotes that always make me think of you:




“A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong 
it is until it's in hot water.” 

I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.” 
― Charlotte BrontëJane Eyre


“A woman has to live her life, or live to repent not having lived it.” 
― D.H. LawrenceLady Chatterley's Lover


The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it!"
                        -Anonymous

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
                                -Cayla Mills


Thank you Thee Thee Jackie for always being one of my greatest cheerleaders. For always being selfless and never judging. For always accepting and celebrating the person I am.  From you I've learned self love and humility!
Thank you for all you give, all you do, everything you create.

I love you more than words can ever say and I thank the Lord every day that we are living in this lifetime together.   Cheers to you!  YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! You SHINE!  You've been The Wind Beneath My Wings


Namaste.

Sharing is caring.

Respectfully & Sincerely yours,

JeWeLs






No comments:

Post a Comment