Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Joy of Self Discovery

On the day I started this post a dear young woman in my life turned 30.
30 to me is the "Age of Credibility." Someone said this to me on the day I turned 30, The Age of Credibility.  Being that my most favorite of Don Miguel Ruiz's Four Agreements is Be Impeccable With Your Word this idea of Credibility resonated with me.  I said this to her and I was immediately taken through a thought provoking moment.

THE JOY OF SELF DISCOVERY
I am 39 years old I've been thinking so much about "AGES," years, decades and what they mean in the realm of this thing called life.  I've chosen to venture into a journey of self discovery and am attempting to figure out what, if anything, it means.   

Yes, I'm on a quest of self discovery but more importantly I'm on a quest to share.  Creating Community is something I value, one of my priorities.  The more I explore and get to know me the more I see that my passion lies in Creating Connection.  Last month I was researching Italia's Ponte Vecchio in Firenze and it brought me to tears, tears of joy. (Yes, I find myself tearing often...) See, my last name is APonte. My last name means A Bridge.  I spent several years bringing and overseeing youth activities at the George Washington High School Campus in Washington Heights.  I would always say, "We are Building Bridges at George Washington!"  When I said this to people and even to myself I was not owning the fact that I WAS instrumental in the building of the bridges.  I thought it was a witty and coy way to tie in the fact that the George Washington Bridge was the background landscape for the High School Campus.  I worked for an organization and I didn't consider myself an individual making a difference. I was the organization I was representing.  It truly wasn't until I sat down and saw the picture of Ponte Vecchio and was writing down the history and meaning of the bridge that I realized in this lifetime I was born to be A Bridge, A Bridge, Creating Connections.

What a blessing. 

What has your journey of self discovery taught you?  What joys or sorrows has it brought to your awareness?

Thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts and life experiences with you.  I look forward to hearing your thoughts and life experiences.



Namaste.

Sharing is caring.

Respectfully & Sincerely yours,

JeWeLs

No comments:

Post a Comment