Friday, December 7, 2012

Love + Motherhood= Magic


"To a child’s ear, “mother” is magic in any language." 
- Arlene Benedict



Last night I saw this on my friend's social networking homepage.  I was about to go to bed. It was way past my sleep time and I could barely keep my eyes open but when I saw this it just conjured up all these amazing moments I have been able to experience for the past three years, seven months and eight days.  "Mother" to a child is magic and the magic my child has brought to my world is immeasurable, inexplicable, there are no words in any language that could ever encompass the true experience.  His adoration for me is only rivaled by his desire to always see me smiling.  Even when he is "misbehaving" his goal is to make me laugh or smile.  

Tonight I was blessed with the opportunity to experience and be part of The Focusing Institute's Holiday Gathering and First Annual Fundraiser (Remember my Road To Calm Retreat? I wrote about it on 10.4.12, JeWeLs Organically: Part of my Road to Calm).  What a moving and inspired experience. I got to meet and speak with several amazing spirits.  My sister friend Asata and my girl Julissa were both present and we briefly touched on incorporating our FOCUSING during our interaction with our children.  What an enlightened and love filled world I get to enjoy every day.  Both of my sisters are Mom's and although we had an amazing, "aha moment" filled evening we could not wait to get back to our little ones.

I was on my way to pick up my little joy, I called him after listening to his voicemail asking me to come get him and he asked if I had fun. I told him it was great and that I would be there to get him soon. He said, "Thank you mom, I had fun with Grandma and Grandpa but I really, really missed you."  I'm so blessed.  Being Max's Mom is Magic.  I've had the awareness of magic in my heart all of my life and now I get to hold magic in my arms.


NAMASTE!

Sharing is caring.

Respectfully & Sincerely yours,
JeWeLs

No comments:

Post a Comment